Audio mastering process
The Entire Online Mastering Process
Ordering The Mastering Package - 2 Simple Steps
- You need to choose between the 3 packages. Package 1 includes the digital download only. Package 2 includes a Gold Master CD and the Digital download. Package 3 is for Stem Mastering
- Then you click on the drop-down arrow and select the number of songs you want to master and then click the 'Buy Now' button. You can pay with a credit card through PayPal or with PayPal itself. You do not need a PayPal account to order
- After you have paid, you will be directed back to the Purchase Mastering page and you will proceed to go to step 2.
- You click on the red box button that says "click to upload files" and you go to the folder on your PC where you have your audio files stored and select the files you want to be mastered.
- It is better if you send us your audio files in a zip file. This makes the upload process faster
Getting The Files Ready
- To get your mix ready for our online mastering services your audio file should not be converted to any bit depth and sample rate. This means if you recorded and mixed your project at 24bit/96kHz, this is what you would export and send us.
- As far as having effects on your master (mix) bus, please do not export with any limiters on it. Also, if you are not comfortable using compression, please do not export your mix with compressors on it as well. We cannot undo any mistakes that were made if you use a limiter and compressors on your master bus. It is best to leave those things to us.
- We can master and accept WAV, FLACC, and AIFF Stereo files. MP3's are not the best as when an MP3 is made, it uses compression and that degrades the sound. If for some reason, you only have an MP3, then there is no alternative and we can master it for you
- After you exported your stereo file, you should zip it in a zip file and send us the zip file. The zip file acts like a protector and it also makes the upload process faster for you. Please note: The sound quality is not affected by sending us the files online
Upon Receiving Your Mix Or Stems
- After receiving your pre-master mix, our mastering engineer will critically listen to your songs in a tuned environment to figure out what each mix needs.
- Then we will make a number of decisions on the best effects to use for each mix. This includes hardware and software effects (analog & digital FX).
- EQ will most likely be used to fix every single equalization deficiency. Mid and Side EQ will be implemented to give your mix a bigger stereo image.
- Compression will be added in order to regulate and control the dynamic range, making the bottom end solid and tight.
- Analog summing may be used in order to give your music that velvety feel or colored sound that good analog gear has.
- Limiters will be used and inserted at the end of the mix's gain stage. This is the last tool that brings up your LUFS and RMS dB levels to their appropriate levels for that genre.
- If the mix needs any other effects, they will be used. Every tool in our arsenal can be used if needed
- The very last step and one of the steps you really do not hear is the dithering of the mix when it's being exported to its final format.
After Your Mix Is Mastered
- The full version of your completed master will be sent to you for final approval
- You have 4 days to request any revisions you feel the master needs. 99% of the time, it's not needed, as we master it to sound its finest on every single playback system. But personal taste makes it a factor at times and we understand that.
- For some reason you noticed that there was something in the mix that you want to change in the mixing stage, you can send us a new mix to master and we will only charge you $15. We will never charge you the amount you originally paid.