Audio mastering process
The Online Audio Mixing Process
Ordering The Mixing Service - 2 Easy Steps
- Match the track count of your song and match it to the 'Buy Now' box that matches your track count.
- Click 'Buy Now' it will give you a choice to pay with your credit/debit card or with Paypal. A Paypal account is NOT needed
- After you have paid, you will be directed back to the Purchase Mixing page and you will proceed to go to step 2.
- You click on the red button that says "click to upload files" and select the folder location where you have your exported audio tracks stored. Select that folder and it will begin to upload them to me
- If you are sending us multiple tracks, please zip them in a zip file to protect and make the file transfer faster.
Getting The Individual Tracks Ready
- Any effects that are a part of the instruments sound, you can leave on. Example: If you have a certain flanger effect for the guitar, you can leave that effect on. As far as compressors, limiters, reverbs, EQ goes, those should be taken off before sending them to us.
- Keep all panning centered. We are going to create a 3D stereo image and we need the panning centered for best results.
- After you are done recording your tracks, you will need to export each track from the same starting point, so that they all line up automatically. The easiest way is to just export each track from the start of the DAW project, beat 1, measure 1.
Upon Receiving Your Mix
- After we receive your audio tracks, our mixing engineer will critically listen to all your tracks in a room that is perfectly tuned
- The volume levels for every track will be proportional to their loudness that is relative to every other track in the mix
- As we stated above, we will be creating a 3D image, and the major tools for doing that are mid and side EQ, inserting a short series of delays for the tracks we deem necessary, panning, and imaging techniques. With those, we can place instruments in the 90% back left, 90% front left, front center, back center, 60% front right, 60% Back right, etc, etc.
- The dynamics will be painstakingly edited in a way that we will not squash and destroy them.
- Analog and digital effects, like reverbs, chorus, delays will be added to the tracks as deemed necessary by the mixing engineer. Autotune/tuning vocals are not included. We can do it, but it's very time-consuming. If you need vocal tuning done, please contact us.
After Your tracks are mixed and mastered
- You will be sent the completed master for you to review.
- You have 5 days to request any revisions you want to be done. Maybe you want the lead guitar to be raised up one dB or the background vocals are too loud for your taste. Whatever edits you want, we will do. We understand that personal taste is a major factor when it comes to mixing.
- If you did request an edit and we sent it back to you, you have 3 days to review each edit after each edit. After that, it is finalized and considered completed. If you need more time, you need to notify us in advance and we will grant it to you. We understand you may be busy or out on tour. Just let us know beforehand.